Threaded server in python!?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Jan 4 14:34:43 EST 2003

Mike Meyer wrote:

> The above also applies to medusa, except that it's a multi-protocol
> internet server instead of a library. I actually wrote an http chat
> server on top of medusa for a client, and was pleased with how well it
> worked.

Yes, Medusa (i.e., the full version of the asyncore/asynchat libraries)
is very straightforward to extend.  For basic stuff, using
asyncore/asynchat or Medusa is extremely easy and very straightforward,
and in my opinion has a shorter learning curve than other alternatives.

If you're looking for a "batteries included" solution where more
protocols are already implemented for you, then other options such as
Twisted become more attractive even though in my opinion they have a
greater learning curve.

/  \ I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.