Easiest way to include C libraries

jsaul jsaul at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 11:36:04 EST 2003

* Marc [2003-01-22 01:16]:
> [extending Python with C/C++]

I have tried SWIG and Pyrex myself, and for C only, I find Pyrex
particularly comfortable to use. It has its own syntax which is
very Python-like with some extensions to declare C types and the
like. Very easy to learn. Check it out at
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
It cannot wrap C++ directly, though.

You might also try to wrap some parts of your library "by hand";
it isn't quite as difficult as it would seem, but does require
substantial extra time to learn the Python/C API.

Gruß, jsaul
--
Palo pa'que aprenda que aquí sí hay honor!
[Rubén Blades]