jythonc and xml parser

Tim tim at nowhere
Mon Jan 20 18:00:38 EST 2003

Hullo
Has anyone managed to get an xml parser to work with jythonc?
the simple program:
from xml.sax import make_parser

parser = make_parser()

works in jython (but doesn't do much ;-) ). However, when built with:
jythonc -c --jar a.jar <filename>
and then run, it cannot find a parser (SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers
found).

I can dig back through the modules but not fnd the source of the trouble,
and jythonc is a pain to debug (insert print stmts is the only way that I
can see.) I'm using PyXML 0.7.1 as the default xml parser with jython for
windows xp doesn't seem to parse at all. Since it seems to work ok with
jython, I'm guessing that there's some magic modules to include to make it
work, but progress is too slow with the print stmts.

any thoughts or better knowledge/insights?

Tim