[ann] Minimal Python project

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Jan 18 05:19:03 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 00:51, Delaney, Timothy wrote:
> > Do you have some other examples that really get used often?  I'd think
> > f_lineno's don't get used that often.
>
> OTOH, when f_lineno *does* get used, it is *vital* that it has excellent
> performance.
>
> Why? Because it gets used in things like code coverage tools, where it is
> used for every single call to the trace function.
>
> You do not want to add more overhead to things like coverage tools.

Why not?  Code coverage is only done during development, when
performance isn't really important.  Am I missing something?  If testing
code coverage is already slow, is it that big a deal if it's a little
slower?

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb at colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com