Novel Thoughts on Scripting and Languages

Steve Hunt steve at pSoPgAgMle.org
Thu Jan 9 13:09:42 EST 2003

> is to do things easily, intuitively, obviously, and accurately, so
> much so that when another person (with the same domain knowledge) sees
> a chunk of code, he immediately understands it without even a hint of
> reasoning (ideally).

A lot of people would take issue with that definition.  But ignoring
that, it puzzles me why you feel that introducing domain-specific
syntax *helps* with code readability.  At least with the
traditional system of fixed language syntax and domain-specific
APIs you don't have to be constantly on the lookout for new
syntax gotchas.

-- Steve