wxPython on RedHat 7.3 (GNOME 1.4 I think???)

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 16:43:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 13:18, Sean wrote:
> Anyone had trouble running wxPython on the GNOME environment that
> ships with redhat 7.3 (GNOME 1.4 I think...)?  Our software has been
> running into a lot of problems on that platform, and it looks like its
> not us, since the wxPython demo is having the same problems (text not
> displaying, weird visability errors, etc).  Anyone else had this
> problem?

This is usually a problem only seen on GNOME2, but you might try running
the demo with

env LANG='C' python demo.py

to see if that helps.  I assume by "weird visibility" errors you are
referring to fonts?  For instance, fonts display as small boxes rather
than text?  If not, please clarify.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)