How do I start Mac Python scripts from Excel?

Noah noah at noah.org
Fri Jan 10 19:37:32 EST 2003

I figured out the "Applet" thing. This let's me run the script just
by double-clicking. Still, it feels a bit dirty -- like COMPILING.
I wish I could just run the script directly. But I'm happy with the
applet solution

Just <just at xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Can Excel execute AppleScript? If so, you should launch your applet with
> a small AppleScript.

I do not know. I don't know Applescript either.
But this might be a good tip in the right direction.

> > 2. How do I prevent or dismiss the "Output" window that
> > always comes up when I run a Python Applet on Mac?
>
> Drop your applet onto the EditPythonPrefs app in the MacPython distro.
> Look for a setting "delay output window until needed". And then make
> sure you don't print anything...

That worked perfectly. As long as I don't print anything then
the Python script finishes cleaning without the user having to close anything.

Thanks for the help. ... Soon I will be switching to MacOS X where I hope
a lot of these problems will go away.

Yours,
Noah