Sorting out sort

Christopher A. Craig com-nospam at ccraig.org
Mon Jan 6 09:39:10 EST 2003

mwilson at the-wire.com (Mel Wilson) writes:

>    But I'm not personally comfortable with hiding that big
> side effect inside an innocent-looking expression, even if
> cognoscenti have learned to raise a red flag anytime they see
> '.sort('.  There's already enough entry-level confusion with

I'm rather suprised you're willing to hide the time loss in such an
innocent looking expression.  If I have something that could take
several seconds to run, I'd really rather see it have its own line.

--
Christopher A. Craig <com-nospam at ccraig.org>
I develop for Linux for a living, I used to develop for DOS.  Going from