TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:

riso riso at softstar.net.cn
Thu Jan 23 04:58:05 EST 2003

When I run IDLE , I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/idle/idle.py", line 4, in ?
    PyShell.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/idle/PyShell.py", line 747, in main
    root = Tk(className="Idle")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1487, in __init__
    self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className)
TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/lib/tcl8.3

I use Mandrake Rpms: (Mandrake 9.0)
tcl-8.3.3-21mdk.rpm
tk-8.3.3-21mdk.rpm
tkinter-2.2.1-14.2mdk.rpm
python-2.2.1-14.2mdk.rpm

I can`t find how to set the tkinter search path, can someone tell me how to
resolve these errors?

Thanks