Python magazine(s)?

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Thu Jan 23 02:17:41 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:46:49AM +0000, Robert Oschler wrote:
> I know there some e-zines but what, no Python magazine?  I don't see any at
> my favorite bookstore.  Grab the pitch forks and the angry mob!

The closest thing is Py, the print journal for Python developers (of which I
am the proud Managing Editor, FYI). We're not on glossy paper or newstands
(yet), but it's an actual, honest-to-god print publication, which you can
learn more about by visiting

     http://pyzine.com/

We just got our 3rd issue (32 pages) back from the printer, subscribers are
receiving them as we speak, and I'm about to start editorial work on the 4th
issue (but there is time for folks to send me articles for the next issue:
email me if you're interested).

The press release for Py 1.3 is at

     http://www.pyzine.com/archives.phtml?a=000110&b=4

The next issue (1.4) is shaping up nicely, with articles covering XML-RPC,
Pyro, Kaa, dynamic properties, the effbot's RSS newsreader, the Python Job
Mart, etc.

Kendall Clark
--
Jazz is only what you are. -- Louis Armstrong