[ann] Minimal Python project

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Mon Jan 13 22:06:49 EST 2003

Gareth McCaughan <Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com> writes:
> The explanation given by its creators is that it was supposed
> to be so clean, well-organized and simple an implementation
> that one could understand it completely in 48 hours. They
> admit that this objective has not been completely achieved :-).
> Of course it's possible that there are other reasons for the
> name; perhaps the official one is retrofitted.

Hmm, there's a much simpler Scheme implementation by George Carrette
called "siod", which at one point stood for "Scheme in One Day"
(referring to the implementation time he thought would be needed).

I probably spent a day or so looking at the T code.  That's certainly
not enough to understand it completely, but it was enough to see the
outline and at numerous times find myself saying "hey, cool, wow", etc.