Stackless Python, Tail Recursion and Functional Programming

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Jan 13 23:05:09 EST 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> Except when I'm paid not to -- but nobody is paying me enough for that these
> days.  Ouch -- truth *does* hurt <wink>!

I'd love to be able to pay you, but you are invaluable.

> I heartily approve of your plans to change the truth about nothing faster
> than CPython being possible.  I wouldn't start that by worrying about tail
> recursion, though.

Never really worried about tail recursion. It's a general
question about Python, same category as macros.
Python is not a subject to get changed. It is, instead,
the only fixed point we have, and we'll do everything to keep it.

> if-god-didn't-like-loops-he-wouldn't-have-given-guido-absolute-
>     power-ly y'rs  - tim

Möge die Macht mit ihm sein -- a Jedi