Using Py 1.5.2 libs/mods with Py 2.2 ? (for PyQt)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jan 10 06:46:34 EST 2003

Az Tech wrote:
> 9. However, I may not want to do that just now.
> Generalizing the situation, this led me to wonder
> whether is is possible and "officially" recommended to
> use one version of Python with the libraries / modules
> installed in the site-packages directory of another
> version, and if so, what is the way to do it ?

In general, if there are extension modules (i.e. shared libraries)
involved, you cannot share them across Python installations - you need
to recompile them for each Python version.

Pure-Python libraries can be installed in the site-python directory to
share them (assuming they work with all available Python releases).

Regards,
Martin