How to do this in Python...

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 27 10:31:32 EST 2003

Michael Tiller wrote:

> >     for i in [1]:
> >         m = re.match(...)
> >         if m:
> >             break
> >
> >         m = re.match(...)
> >         if m:
> >             break
>
> I'm happy that works for you.  I'm curious if others in the Python community
> find that an acceptable alternative?!?

I certainly don't.  But, as I said, I've yet to find a case where my
own suggestion could not work.  At first, sometimes, it looks like it
won't work, but then I realize that if I actually think I need to include
the code right there in the if statements, my design is already broken,
and I fix it to allow the much better approach with the tuple-list...

But you didn't want to hear that again, did you?  ;-)

-Peter