Printing

Peter Milliken peterm at resmed.com.au
Sun Jan 5 14:59:24 EST 2003

I had the same problem when I wrote an app using Python and Tkinter - the
same routes were opened when I searched for platform independent printing
and I wasn't happy with any of them.

This is one of the reasons I have started to explore Jython - it allows you
to write your application in Python and use the Java VM and libraries i.e.
Java Swing for the GUI and then print using Java print
libraries/techniques - about the most platform independent method I have
found todate :-)

Hope this helps,
Peter

"Uwe Schmitt" <uwe.schmitt at procoders.net> wrote in message
news:av1sbr$t3f04$1 at hades.rz.uni-sb.de...
> Pawel J. Maczewski <pjmacz at slcj.uw.edu.pl> wrote:

> >> And I forgot another method: make a copy of a file, e.g. a ps-file,
> >> to the file "prn:". This will work if your printer is connected
> >> to your computer immediatly.
>
> > But, it works only with Windows, AFAIR... Aren't there any
os-independent
> > solution?
>
> Shurely it works only with windows, but you asked for it...
>
> Greetings, Uwe.
>
> --
> Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about
Computers,
> uwe.schmitt at num.uni-sb.de      than astronomy is about telescopes.
(Dijkstra)