December 2002 comp.lang.* stats

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jan 26 03:10:17 EST 2003

"Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:

> My research indicates that the number of python users is precisely, to
> the last
> decimal point, proportional to the usenet volume found by my script.

Oh, there's no doubt that for this moment in time, with that exact
figure you just posted, there is some constant of proportionality such
that that's true.  The question is whether or not that constant of
proportionality is really constant, and, more importantly, whether it's
the same constant of proportionality for other newsgroups and their
languages :-).

/  \ Forever we / Infinitely
\__/ Sandra St. Victor
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/