UML and Python

Sean Ross sross at connectmail.carleton.ca
Sun Jan 19 19:17:36 EST 2003

Hi. I really don't have much to say about UML except to say that it can be
useful for the reasons you've given:

>So I'm mostly interested in its ability to clarify my own code to myself
for
>architectural improvement. On the other hand, I do have to communicate with
>others about the design for future use, and I hope to attract other
>developers to the project by being well-designed and well-documented.  And,
>for non-developers, there's also some documentation into the general design
>and capabilities of the software, which might benefit from parts of UML

But, in case you're interested, you might want to check this out:
http://pyut.sourceforge.net/features.php

>From the site:
'''
What is Pyut ?
PyUt :
PyUt is a little UML1.3 class diagram editor with support for output
plug-ins. Export to XML, JPEG, BMP, PS. PyUt stands for Python UML Toolkit.
'''

and, apparently, it includes:

Python generation + reverse engineering
Java generation + reverse engineering
C++ generation

You can use it for class diagrams and use-case diagrams. They're working on
sequence diagrams.

Anyway, good luck with what your working on,
Sean