Python web development, really

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 20 16:18:54 EST 2003

Afanasiy wrote:

> * Finally, very optional plus, global application scoped variables
>   (PHP does NOT allow this, but I know why)
>   (I do not want to hear why you think this is bad)
>   (I know why it is good, I know why it can be bad)

If you really understand the pluses and minuses of this, then
you'll be quite happy with what Python can provide.  A simple
module which collects those "global" variables will provide
all the benefits and fewer of the disadvantages.

Of course, there are often better ways to.... oh, wait.  Sorry. ;-)

-Peter