Semantics of statement sequencing not in doc?

Tom Verhoeff Tom.Verhoeff at acm.org
Fri Jan 10 04:50:34 EST 2003

I am preparing an introductory programming course using Python
(in Dutch: <http://www.win.tue.nl/~wstomv/edu/python/>).

I link to the documentation in several places (though I don't
expect beginners to understand it all; but it is helpful for
assistants, who also have to learn Python).

I fail to find a good spot in the Python Language Reference
where the semantics of statement sequences is explained.
It is not under Execution Model, nor under Compound Statement
(where <suite> appears), nor under File Input (where the
top level sequencing of statements in files appears).

OK, it is trivial: execute the statements in the order
of appearance, one by one.  But I would think that this
needs to be stated somewhere.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff at TUE dot NL | Fac. of Math. & Computing Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25         | Eindhoven University of Technology