Slurping Web Pages

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Jan 25 15:08:26 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 12:54, Tony Dunn wrote:
> I've started a new project where I need to slurp web pages from a site that
> use cookies to authenticate access.  I've used *urllib* in the past to grab
> *public* web pages, but I'm not sure the best way to go about dealing with
> the cookie issue.

You may want to try httpsession, which will keep track of your cookies.
I believe it's at webunit.sf.net -- there's also another module around
for keeping track of cookies while using urllib, but I can't remember
the name of it anymore.  It's probably on Parnassus; but httpsession has
worked well for me in the past.

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb at colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com