Stackless Python, Tail Recursion and Functional Programming

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Jan 13 18:35:26 EST 2003

Laura Creighton wrote:
> Christian Tismer is the man responsible for Stackless.
>
> You will be interested in this new announcement:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2003-January/001964.html

Hee hee, ach nee! :-)

> So you could reinforce your idea 'something that does tail recursions
> would be nice'...

Tail recursion is not an objective of Stackless
Python. Stackless Python is moving all recursions
onto the heap. It is of course possible to modify
this heap and to fold tail recursions away.
I'd be interested in sample code for this.

Anyway, I've never seen some code using tail
recursion that was valuable enough to support
a change to Python. But I may be convinced.

ciao - chris