Tkinter: Alt-... Selection Of MenuButton Not Working

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sun Jan 5 18:30:07 EST 2003

I have implemented a Tkinter interface which has a couple of menu buttons.
These menus have unique names, and I have the first letter of each underlined
("C" and "D" in my case).

Under X-Windows, Alt-C or Alt-D will bring up the associated menut.  Under
Win32, _nothing_ happens if I press Alt-C or Alt-D.  I am about to try
to write manual handlers for these key sequences, but I am wondering why
there is a difference in behavior in this regard.  I would think that this
would be pretty standard behavior on all platforms.

Can anyone explain?
Tim Daneliuk
tundra at tundraware.com