How to download a file only once

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Sat Jan 25 13:21:54 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:30:52PM +0100, A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My Python application runs on  users' computers.
>  I want to allow  one and only one user to download one file from the list of files that are on
> server. This file, after being downloaded, can not be downloaded any more.
> What is the best solution of that problem?

  There is no workable approach to this problem, save to redefine your
desires.

  Why do you want to impose this restriction?  Maybe someone can offer a
better solution to the *real* problem you face.

  Jp

--
I have a new method for blowing off the idiots who ask questions.  I say,
'That information is on my web page.  Shoo, shoo.

What happens when they find out it isn't?

I'll say, 'You must have misunderstood your question'
                - Scott Adams, Dilbert