Win32 API's missing/incomplete?

Ixokai usenet at ixokai.net
Fri Jan 31 02:05:09 EST 2003

Hi folks.

I was trying to solve a mysterious problem in my program when I decided to
try a more direct route to os.system("subst ..") in my application.. so I
did some digging, and found win32file.DefineDosDrive.

Awesome. However, it has two problems... First, there is no QueryDosDrive
that i can find, which is sorta important for my purposes.. and Secondly, I
can't see how to /undelete/ a drive totally, without knowing the path its
set to.

See, if you pass a "null" value to the function its susposed to delete
whatever the latest path is that was stuck onto that drive.. but None, "",
[], et al, are not valid params to DefineDosDrive.

Anyone have any sugguested solutions? Thanks in advance.

--Ixokai