is it possible with python ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Jan 13 10:41:09 EST 2003

"shagshag13" <shagshag13 at yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:avu0ro$j25rt$1 at ID-146704.news.dfncis.de...
> hello,
>
> i would like to add a new tab in properties available when right
click on a
> file on a windows platform (in fact this would be a simple md5
computation
> of that file). Does python can help me with that ? does anyone has
links on
> how to do that with python ?

You should get Mark Hammond's win32all package either directly
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/
 or as part of the ActiveState ActivePython release.  The win32
extensions "provide Python-level interfaces to a large number of
Windows libraries".  Mark has also co-written a book on how to use
them (see link above).  In particular, I believe the extensions wrap
the registry manipulation functions you need to do what you want.

Terry J. Reedy