December 2002 comp.lang.* stats

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Jan 25 21:29:18 EST 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:35:04 -0600, Aaron K. Johnson <akjmicro at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I found a small bug which produced big errors in my last script......
Are you _sure_ you are not a participant factor in the evolution of
bugs (genus product testing), where those bugs producing the results
you want to see are favored in the "natural selection" process? ;-)

OTOH, I'm sure that in any case your numbers can be part of a
scientifically formulated nutritious breakfast ;-)

>I'm going to post the script in a seperate thread. Anyone who wants can hack
>it, perfect it, whatever, as long as you return it to the community.
>
>Basically, my date filter wasn't working well, so it grabbed the whole server.
>Now, the filtering of the date works, I believe. Here are the results, again
>for December 2002:
>
>Yeah! we beat Perl! (and are in third place)

;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter