Best Python Editor (under Linux)

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 15:13:16 EST 2003

I second this call for RPMs. I've been trying off and on for two weeks getting the
supporting libraries (particulary QScintilla) to build install correctly on RedHat8. I
almost had PyQt and QScintilla going from the RH7.3 src RPMS provided on Freshmeat, but
the build dies late in the game. I've never even gotten eric3's dependencies satisfied.

Based on the nice pictures I can see from the website, I think there's going to be a lot
of happy new eric3 users if the binary packaging made it easier to get up and running on
the latest major distros.