Coding standard: Prefixing variables to indicate datatype

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Fri Jan 17 02:30:11 EST 2003

Never do this! Such conventions prevent you from writing OO software.

Example: Why should a name be a string? A name is a class Name. It has to
have an interface, not a type. If it is meant to be used in a string
context, it has to provide a string operator. It's all about behavior, not
about type.

Cheers
Franz

news:0BuV9.11459$CG6.203654 at news4.e.nsc.no...