Comments on base52 encoder/decoder ?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Wed Jan 8 19:53:16 EST 2003

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:08:21 -0700, Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote:
[...]
>BTW, I do line folding somewhat often, and wouldn't mind having a
>function or string method which did that.  Not enough to push for
>it though, since it is easy to write.  And some people who want
>folds also want a continutation character, like a "\" at the end
>or a ">" at the start, but having a library function which supports
>those is too much.
>
>Bah, I'll stick with writing bio/chem software instead of worrying
>about all of this.  :)

How about one that does this:

BTW, I do  line folding  somewhat often,  and wouldn't  mind
having a  function  or string  method  which did  that.  Not
enough to push for it though, since it is easy to write. And
some  people  who  want  folds  also  want  a  continutation
character, like a "" at the end  or a ">" at the start,  but
having a library function which supports those is too much.

Bah, I'll stick  with writing bio/chem  software instead  of
worrying about all of this. :)

Or this:

    BTW, I  do  line  folding   the end or  a ">" at  the
    somewhat    often,    and   start,   but   having   a
    wouldn't  mind  having  a   library  function   which
    function or string method   supports  those  is   too
    which   did   that.   Not   much.
    enough  to  push  for  it
    though, since it is  easy   Bah,  I'll   stick   with
    to write. And some people   writing bio/chem software
    who want folds also  want   instead of worrying about
    a           continutation   all of this. :)
    character, like  a ""  at

I posted a string subclass doing the above, but nobody noticed ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter