Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Tue Feb 11 12:52:39 EST 2003

Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> 'if' first thing on a line vs '(', is a parser/language lawyer fine line.

I am baffled by this objection.  Do you seriously think that anyone will
have any difficulty telling the difference in practice?

> I don't like the naive questions that if: else: statement vs. if: else:
> conditional expression could generate.

Can you give me a concrete example of what you mean?  I honestly can't
imagine what problems you anticipate.  One of the reasons I've settled
on lobbying for this syntax is that, unlike all the others, I expect it
to be almost trivially comprehensible to anyone who knows the if
statement's syntax.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am