sftp

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 4 12:43:23 EST 2003

Quoth paul at nlhas.no:
| Does anyone have any experience of using Python as an sftp client?
|
| Logic tells me that this should be as simple as subclassing ftplib,
| but experience warns it may not be that simple.

The flaw in that logic is the notion that sftp is a kind of ftp.
It's really a kind of ssh2, so it's going to be several orders
of magnitude harder to implement in Python and you'll be starting
from scratch.

If your site supports Kerberos 5, you might be able to get a GSSAPI
ftp client working with a little effort.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu