Myth: Python is ideal for beginners

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Feb 6 16:01:18 EST 2003

[Pedro]
> Okay, that is very true. Thanks for pointing it out . I can try and
> start one.  But my point remains that people shouldnt say 'Python is
> ideal for beginners'

I look forward to your tutorial.  In addition, you may want to post your
reviews of the existing tutorials.  You will no doubt have a unique
perspective on them.  If you can find a way to share that so that the
tutorials are improved, we will all be better off.

By the way, why do you suppose they say that Python is ideal for beginners?

I personally don't know whether that's true or not.  I'm sure it's ideal for
some beginners and not ideal for others.  It's probably more ideal than some
languages, less ideal than others--all of which of course depends on the
beginner, how they were introduced, their level of initiative and tenacity,
etc.  Is Python in the middle of the pack, in the front, or straggling
behind?  I don't really know.

Cheers,

// m

-