Python's 8-bit cleanness deprecated?

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Mon Feb 17 13:45:41 EST 2003

I think what Laura meant, was that comments aren't supposed
to be "special" or "magical", but "documents".  It's very,
very counter-intuitive that commends are suddenly necessary
for the program to work correctly, because they encode
"magical" information for the compiler/interpreter to use
to understand the program.

Suddenly, all post-processing applications (comment strippers,
variable-name-renamers, etc) need to understand all this magic
in order to work correctly.  Suddenly, the language becomes
less orthogonal, rules which apply to comments now don't apply
to *all* comments, only those without magic mushrooms.

-gustavo