Moving Language Cuisinart project to Windows?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Feb 11 21:25:00 EST 2003

In <20030212011303.GC3121 at mephisto.ghaering.test>, Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> typed:
> * Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> [2003-02-11 18:23 -0600]:
> > In <20030211222954.GA763 at mephisto.ghaering.test>, Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> typed:
> > > * Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> [2003-02-11 21:14 +0000]:
> > > gcc :-) In its mingw incarnation: http://sf.net/projects/mingw/
> > > Note that it's currently not possible to *embed* Python under mingw
> > Well, I need to embed Python - and call it from FORTRAN, no less.
> Bad luck for using mingw currently, then. I guess it's not possible to
> convert all the fortran stuff to shared libraries that you use *from
> Python*?

That would require refactoring the FORTRAN. This is not a task to be
undertaken lightly. The best thing about working on this project is
realizing just how far programming has come since the days when
FORTRAN was popular.

> The interesting question is wether you can build a Tcl/Tk on Cygwin that
> does *not* depend on X.

I've been told that hading Cygwin the -mno-cygwin option will result
in an executable that doesn't depend on cygwin, which should include
X. Not wanting to have to deal with trying to get Python and Tcl/Tk to
build with gcc was why I asked the question in the first place.

Well, the other half the question - which C compiler should I be using
if I want to embed Python 2.2 on Windows, and which FORTRAN compiler
to go with it?

	<mike