proto-PEP: "unless" expression

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Feb 9 00:44:51 EST 2003

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Problem? Ah, you mean that "sense of humour" problem. Well, a number
> of
> people emailed me privately that they appreciated the humour, so
> perhaps
> the "problem" is with the receiver's end.

Mmhmm.  Read more like a petty jab in protest of the PEP 308 thread
rather than an uproariously hilarious joke.  (I do like the
"unidentified people appreciated it" rebuttal, though:  very
convincing.)

> And as far as "mocking the BDFL" - please. Like the name "BDFL" is
> meant in all seriousness? You might not have noticed that the damn
> language is _named_ _after_ _a_ _group_ _of_ _comedians_.

Wow, what a devastating blow.  Problem is, I never said anything about
"mocking the BDFL," so forgive me if I don't find this comeback
particularly compelling.

/  \ No man quite believes in any other man.
\__/ H.L. Mencken
    Bosskey.net: Counter-Strike / http://www.bosskey.net/cs/
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.