Why does Dynamic Typing really matter?!?

Jason Smith chastel_pelerin at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:39:33 EST 2003

Hi Laura

Thanks for ur reply....sorry for the incomplete msg, sent it a bit
prematurely!

The book sounds very informative, will def pick up a copy, to bad our
local uni library is behind the times....

This sort of information is exactly what I'm after, I need to justify
a thesis question, that being adding extra, be it instructions, etc..
to the CLR to optimise the compilation of languages that are
dynamically typed...I'm looking at Soft typing as a method to increase
the range of programs I can type statically and for those that I can't
allow the CLR to perform dynamic type checks...

I'm not that familiar with python syntax, actually not familiar at
all, I'm mostly a Haskell hacker...

Thanks again
J.