FreeBSD, Python and Zope

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 13 05:37:33 EST 2003

On 12 Feb 2003, Aahz wrote:

> In article <mailman.1045061207.29823.python-list at python.org>,
> Andrey Chichak <chch at kit.tomsk.ru> wrote:
> >
> >    Today I've found reaason of Zope crashing under FreeBSD.
> >
> >    pthread_create with default pthread_attr allocates stack only 64K, =
> >it's too small.
> >    after recompiling libc_r with larger default stack size all is =
> >working good.
> >
> >    may be it's possible add parameter for python "stack size for =
> >threading" ?
>
> Sure!  Submit a patch to SourceForge; if you're not comfortable with
> that, just submit a bug report.

A search of the bug tracker would have found an old bug report about this.
The code has changed since this was reported, and in fact there is a
macro that can be defined to allocate a larger thread stack - its just not
documented usefully (review Python/thread_pthread.c for enlightenment).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia