Deleting empty folders.

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Fri Feb 7 11:01:22 EST 2003

keithk schreef op vrijdag  7 februari om 16:26:31 +0000:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to write a short script that checks whether a set of windows
> folders is empty and then if they are , delete them, I am unable to find
> a module in python which checks whether a folder is empty, could someone
> please point me in the right direction,

Use os.listdir:

>>> os.listdir('/tmp/a')
[]
>>> os.listdir('/tmp/b')
['c']
>>> print os.listdir.__doc__
listdir(path) -> list_of_strings

Return a list containing the names of the entries in the directory.

	path: path of directory to list

The list is in arbitrary order.  It does not include the special
entries '.' and '..' even if they are present in the directory.

http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/os-file-dir.html

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/