Python IDE ERIC3

KrayZee--J newsreply at jtwok.worldonline.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 14:58:21 EST 2003

I have tried to install this on Windows and run into a lot of problems.

First of all I had to install:

Qt (latest version but it is a demo - the non commercial version doesn't
work with QScintilla)
SIP
PyQt
QScintilla

PyQt doesn't build properly, maybe because it is meant for the
non-commercial version of Qt (version 2.3!) but then QScintilla requires Qt
3 or above.

The thing is I don't even want to develop any Qt software so I don't want
the whole SDK installed. I've looked for a simple binary runtime download on
the Trolltech site but they don't seem to have one! It would be a good idea
to make a binary package of Eric3 (ie. with PyQt extension prebuilt and Qt ,
QScintilla runtime components only (just the dlls)). Maybe put Qt and
QScintilla in a separate download in case people already have them.

It looks an excellent IDE by the look of the screenshots. I'm sure you would
have much more users if it was easier to install!

John

news:m2g1ua-876.ln at majestix.gallien.de...