Call for input: Standard Python MIDI module

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Feb 26 02:03:25 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:00:45 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> I've looked around for Python MIDI support, and found a lot of modules,
> some doing this, some doing that, some doing strange stuff I don't
> understand.
>
> What I haven't found is one portable MIDI library that does the simplest
> of things: Send and recieve MIDI.

I used midithing some time ago. It is linux-only. According to the
homepage the author stoped the development.

A portable midi library would be great. But I think it is difficult,
because the timing is very system dependant. For example Midithing needed
a special kernel module.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>