ODBC / DAO installation using Python?

David dlashar at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 5 09:01:19 EST 2003

I have a Python app running on Windows.  It uses the standard odbc and dib
modules to connect to an MS Access database.  I'm also using DAO to create
DSN entries and run compact-and-repair on the database (from Python, using
the COM client facilities).  Everything is working just fine, but now it's
time to deploy the app to users, not all of whom (I must assume) will have
ODBC and DAO installed on their machines.  I know this is a hybrid
Python/Win question, but if anyone in the Python community has suggestions,
I'd be grateful.  Without some way to install ODBC and DAO (not just make
use of it), I can't distribute my Python app.  I've done a lot of googling
and other research, but to no avail.  Thanks in advance,

    David