PEP 308 vote type (was Re: Update to PEP308: if-then-else expression)

Oren Tirosh oren-py-l at hishome.net
Wed Feb 12 04:53:53 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 08:21:47PM +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
> I don't see how approval voting is going to help us.  I was taught
> that you cannot use it when one of the alternatives is 'or do nothing'.

Then separate it into two decisions per voter:

1. Pro/Con any form of if-then-else expression
2. Approval voting of proposed alterntives

This would let me express the opinion that I am against any change, but
if more people are in favor of some kind of in-the-else expression the
form "(if COND: EXPR1 else: EXPR2)" is the one I find most acceptable.

	Oren