.NET and Python?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Feb 24 07:39:00 EST 2003

"Max M" <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote in message
news:Mbl6a.94143$Hl6.9077947 at news010.worldonline.dk...
> Peter Wu wrote:
>
> > Python for .NET Research
> >
> > Python for .NET is an exploratory implementation of the Python language
for the .NET Framework. The archive includes general documentation on the
project itself, documentation and complete source code for the Python for
.NET Research compiler.

> > http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Initiatives/NET/Research.html?_x=1
>
> I know about this project. It was work done by Mark Hammond, while being
> emplyed by Activestate. It hasn't progressed since he stopped working
> there. So I considder it to be more or less dead.

It is, and for the very good reason that the project concluded that .NET
support for dynamic-typing late-binding languages like Python was less than
optimal, and that therefore it would be difficult to implement the language
to run as fast as would likely be required. Korba looks like a much more
promising approach.

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html