Tutorial/example using MySQL from python CGI program

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 18:40:52 EST 2003

I use Python for my CGI scripts.  On Sourceforge and other hosts they
have "mysql" available and they advise you to use it, instead of
writing to files from your CGI script.  I am quite happy using files
now (I have implemented some kind of filelock by creating directories
with a special name), but I am always open to suggestions.

Can you give short example code (like in my favorite Python book: the
Python Standard Library by Fredrik Lundh) how I could use that mysql
they seem to offer?  I am new to mysql and I usually decide if I
should use things based on examples, but I can not find any.  They
have python 1.5.2.

--
Portable, adj.:
        Survives system reboot.