python weblog apps?

Thomas Weholt 2002 at weholt.org
Mon Feb 3 11:25:27 EST 2003

I'm currently working on a project where blogging and news syndication are
major components. I'm trying to make a copy of Radio.Userland, MovableType
and Blosxom in Python. In addition to copying most features of these
packages, I'm trying to make it more easier for users to define customized
apps, not just plugins, and provide a more modern approach to content
generation by seperating content and design. It's much more than just a
cgi-script generating a weblog or rss-feed, allthough these things are vital
parts of the system. At the moment it's a crossover between Zope, Enhydra
 Java-based ) and the packages mentioned earlier. The sad thing is that I
don't have much time to work on the project at the moment. When the project
nears alpha/beta-status I'll post a message here, calling for beta-testers.

Best regards,
Thomas