Perl Vs Python

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 25 19:11:47 EST 2003

"John Smith" <someone at microsoft.com> wrote ...
> Hello:
>   do Perl & Python do similar things?
>   What should be the rationalle to one or the other?
> Thanks.

Generally speaking, if you like Python then use that. If you like Perl, use
that. Otherwise, use something you *do* like!

Seriously, I think you're trying to get us Pythonistas to fight with the
Perl guys. But it won't work. The Perl Foundation (well, actually YAS, but
the two organizations are very close) is actually helping us to process
registrations for the upcoming PyCon DC 2003 conference (at which Perl users
will be welcome, by the way). So we're buddies, right?

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html