Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Tue Feb 4 23:43:16 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:48:36 GMT, "Brandon Van Every"
> <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote:
>>
>> You just won't accept that it's possible to do simple things in C++,
>> will
>> you?
>>
> Perhaps it's just a matter of terminology, not basic disagreement.
> IOW,
> perhaps what you mean by "simple" is what many here would call
> trivial.  Trivial things tend to be simple in most languages.

Possibly.  But I do find that robust 3D graphics implementations are the
disciplined accumulation of lots of "trivial" working components.  In my
experience, those "trivial" components take time to implement, even if each
component is relatively easy.

I've also found that "trivial" components can throw you a design loop,
completely independent of the implementation language.  Spherical geometry
is really annoying that way.  Why can't it just be a plane?  :-)

20% of the world is real.