Problem with Boa

Bob Ballard rballard_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 18:36:06 EST 2003

I just downloaded and installed Boa for working with wxPython.  When running
(or trying to run) Boa, I get the spash graphic then the following error:

Error on Startup
global name 'string' not defined.

and it dies.

In searching boa.py I find where the error message is generated but with my
so far, limited Python knowledge I just can't get further.

    if argv is not None:
        global doDebug, startupfile, startupModules
        doDebug, startupfile, startupModules, constricted, opts, args = \
              processArgs(argv)
    try:
        app = BoaApp()
    except Exception, error:
        wxMessageBox(str(error), 'Error on startup')
        raise

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

section