OT - Python with CVS or SourceSafe

Donnal Walter donnalcwalter at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 16:22:58 EST 2003

"Laura Creighton" wrote:

> > >  don't know whether there's a
> > > standalone one for Win.
> >
> > look for WinCVS
> >
> Or Tortoise CVS http://www.tortoisecvs.org/  if you would like to
> use CVS through Explorer.  now with a version for subversion as well.
>
> Laura

This is just an observation, not a recommendation. Because I want to host my
project on SourceForge, I must use CVS. On and off over the past three
weeks, I have tried to figure out the right incantations to be able to get
my repository started. I tried the command-line option and was able to
import a test file, but had difficulty with the other commands. I tried
SmartCVS and WinCVS, but couldn't quite hold my mouth right to get it to
work. I don't think I am all that dense, but I must have some kind of mental
block about this.

Anyway, I finally tried TortoiseCVS, and to my amazement and great relief,
it works for me! At least I was able to import, checkout, update and commit.
:-)
Thanks.

Donnal Walter
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mindwrapper/