Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Feb 8 11:24:28 EST 2003

holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> >
> > -1 on the idea of deciding language decisions by any kind of voting
> > too, BTW.
>
> Huh?  Isn't this common practice?  Sure, Guido gets the final
> decision but voting may help if even he is 50-50 with it.

Well, Guido gave the impression that he would go with the majority
verdict which I'm not sure I've seen him say before.  I'm sure he's
really reserved his right to ignore the outcome of the current c.l.py
shindig, but I think it could be a worrying precedent.

IOW, I think Guido gets decisions right more often than *I* do, so I
certainly think he beats a newsgroup mob.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Hmmm... its Sunday afternoon: I could do my work, or I could do a
  Fourier analysis of my computer's fan noise.